In a Sorrowful Age
new changes page
- When you hit Linguistics 3, you may begin taking extra languages at the cost of a specialty.
- This isn’t a new change so much as a clarification. Stunts exist to illustrate what awesome things your character is doing. They also serve to fill out the scene. While you can’t stunt an orichalcum statue or laser gun into the scene, feel free to add whatever you think is appropriate and fun, especially if you break it.
- Thinking about taking Wyld-Shaping Technique and Wyld Cauldron Technology? Talk to me first for the simple system!
- Specialties are being changed. You may now purchase as many specialty dots in abilities as you like. However, you cannot exceed a 3-dot bonus for any one roll and specialties must be approved by the ST.
- The Twilight anima power by itself does not allow you to analyze Essence Patterns that you would otherwise be unable to see. If a Charm is obvious or there is some spectacular display of Essence, it can be used by itself. Otherwise, you will need to have some sort of Essence sight activated in order to take advantage of it. The second part of the power that has to do with penetrating illusions applies universally.
- Summoning Spells are in the game. However, they are being changed a bit. First, there is no such thing as task binding. Second, Summon First Circle Demon may only be cast on the seventh day of the week and must begin at sunset and end by midnight.
In order to summon a demon, you must know its name. Information on a demon, including its name, will be following the Rolled Obscurity rules located in the Book of Sorcery Vol. 5.
It should be remembered that Demons are generally incredibly tricky creatures, who are aware that they are magically bound to serve their summoner and are not best pleased with it. As such there are, of course, special rules related to demon summoning. Because I like rules.
- Post your character sheet along with the publicly known character background on this website. It’s very important that you keep it up to date, along with XP expenditures. Secret backstories and doings should be either posted in the GM-only area or sent to me via email.
- In case it needed to be said, in order to learn any Martial Arts charms you either need to have mastered the Form charm or a Sifu. The only exceptions to this are Solar hero, for Solars, and Lunar hero, for Lunars.
- Melee, Thrown, Firearm, and Archery charms may be used in combos with Martial Arts charms if you are using a form-appropriate weapon that falls under one of those first four trees, as long as it is a valid combo.
- Martial Arts Styles that don’t exist (unless you find a fan-tweaked one that is acceptable). Note, this is not a complete list: Ebon Shadow; Dreaming Pearl Courtesan; Sidereal Martial Arts.
- Martial Arts Styles that most certainly exist: White Reaper; Crane; Immaculate Martial Art Styles; Throne Shadow; Righteous Devil; Art of Virtue Styles; Hero Styles; Mantis.