In a Sorrowful Age
What your character knows is largely up to you as the player. I, of course, ask that you be reasonable with this. However, there are a few things that your characters simply may not know. They are as follows.
1) The true nature of the Deathlords.
2) That Infernals exist. You may have encountered an Infernal. Hell, you may
have danced, slept with, and worked for an Infernal, but you have no idea
what he or she actually is.
3) The true nature of Abyssals. Yes, they’re deathknights. Yes, you might very well think they are Exalted. However, your character may not know that they are Solar shards twisted by a Monstrance Celestial Portion
4) What the Empress is up to.
5) The existence of Sidereals.